Sunday, August 5, 2007

Back to Reality

Okay, so I just turned 42 years old. That's a grim fact that I can't change. I can't turn back the clock or live in the past. I guess I should appreciate that I'm in good health, have family and friends who care about me, and have a crazy job that I enjoy (on most days). The truth is that I am more comfortable in my own skin more now than I was when I was 22. Oh man, could it be that I am actually maturing?

What's different now is that I act more responsibly (usually), care so much more about the feelings of others (I was totally self-absorbed in my 20's), and I find that I have greater patience these days in almost every aspect of my life.

I don't need a life partner to validate who I am. But I certainly would enjoy the journey in this life of mine more if I could share it with someone whom I feel deeply connected to. That person may never show up in my life and I need to wrap my brain around that. What if I never have what I am looking for? Should my life come to a screeching halt? I can't just lay down and die, especially since there many things in life that I am so passionate about. It's high time that I come to my senses and live each moment and to truly be in the moment. No more of those silly pity parties when there are things in life that are more important than finding the one. It's a new era.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent tought!

super hero said...

a woman in her 40s and also have a good shape is a great blessing of god for men. i hope you can enjoy it as much as men do.

50s? well, thats another story.

Anonymously yours, said...

Super hero, it's funny that you should say that. My mother called me from Turkey and her way of "cheering" me up was by saying, "at least you not turning 50"

bint battuta said...

I can relate to this post, and fully agree with your conclusions! By the way, I like your blog...I've been 'lurking' for a while now...

Anonymous said...

Life starts when you are 40, and speeds up when you are 50, when you are 60, its time to reflex and write a book...))
So 18 years more to go..
its up to you have to make it works..))
Having children is another story.
I have one: a self declared son in Mexico, he is a great friend of my..))
Kindest

Anonymous said...

Hi
Well my friend it comes to us all. Eventually you will want to slow down as you go through many paths in life. Apart from bed hoping when your younger, you come to an age when enough is enough and thats not so appealing any more....

Anonymous said...

It happens to us all- don't fret!
But life doesn't stop either. Hopefully, you'll find some one who is just as passionate about life as you are and then BINGO!
Besides it's not how old you are, but it's how old you feel! and some thing tells me, your HIP!!!!!
Go for it TIGER...GGGRRRR