Saturday, August 18, 2007

Can I Fall in Love This Fast?

I recently met and fell in love with someone I met online. His name is Jeff. We began emailing each other, which obviously went well enough to go on a first date. We spoke on the phone for the first time on a Thursday night and it felt like there was a real connection there. We both decided to not go to work on Friday and had our first date. The date started on Friday at 1 p.m. and ended up going until Saturday morning - no, we didn't have sex (that night).

We spent our first date in Hoboken, New Jersey which probably has the most bars per capita in the world. We bounced around from bar to bar and just spent our time laughing and talking. The evening ended at Middle Eastern restaurant which also had a nargile bar. It was an amazing day and night. He left Saturday morning and I met up with again at a bar in New York City on Saturday night. After running around in lower Manhattan, we went back to my place. I am blown away by Jeff. I just love being with him. I knew that there was something special and different about him.

We spent Sunday at my place doing more of the same, just talking and laughing while we played a ton of music. It was great. It was soooo comfortable and easy to be with him. I wasn't self-conscious at all. Nor did I have to wonder what he was thinking or feeling. We were just being ourselves and enjoying each others company.

Jeff came over to my place during the week where we just spent more time getting to know each other. Things are moving along quickly and normally I would say that it's not possible to love someone this fast. I am a cynic by nature. However, Jeff makes me less cynical and more optimistic about the future. He is just a few years younger than me and we seemed to have made a wonderful connection. My hope is that this will last forever. He and I are mature enough to realize that there will come a time when we will both come down off of this "high" we are on. We even look forward to that. I have never fallen for someone like this before and I feel ready to make a committment to him. The best part of all of this is that he cares for me the way that I care for him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!
you deserve some love @ peace.
kindest

Anonymously yours, said...

Thank you, Hans. It's just been great!!

Anonymous said...

dear ay,
so no 'soap' here anymore..))
anyway, enjoy every minute!
kindest

Anonymous said...

hey ay, congrats . . .
take it one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

you ARE in love...no posts anymore..)))))

New York Muhtari said...

this is greatttt. congrats girlie... Your post sounds so happy and promising... Best of luck to you and jeff :-))

Anonymous said...

Hi
Id say you can fall in very quick!
No matter what your age, if the love bug gets you, it gets you....i too met a fella from TP, he was 6ft tall and devishly good looking. Initailly i kept looking for excuses, kept looking for holes but realised it was pointless. If the feelings are mutual- as BIG T (6ft tall guy) once said 'ENJOY, LIVE FOR THE DAY!!!!'