Monday, November 12, 2007

Time to Meet the Mom

Well, the time has come for my boyfriend to meet my mother (the week after Thanksgiving). So far my mother seems to be receptive or she is, at least, acting like she's looking forward to the meeting. I should add that my mother never really takes such meetings seriously since I tend to bore quickly and move on to the next guy. Plus, she knows that I met him online. So "just how serious can this relationship be", she must be thinking. I can't say that I would blame her.

Jeff (the boyfriend) and I have been together since the day we met. He is practically living with me. I believe that couples should maintain separate residences for the relationship to work. One never really knows how things are going to work out, after all. I have a greater sense of security knowing that I have my own apartment. Jeff and I have talked about living together but I am not sure that I am totally on board with that yet. I have lived with an ex in the past and when that relationship ended, it was a messy break-up. Had we not have been living together, it would have been a clean and easy break up.

Man, these relationships are difficult to figure out. In the mean time, we'll let Mom have her say - that's always interesting.

7 comments:

super hero said...

i wish you good luck and a great relation you deserve. but i think it is rather weird to take or not to take steps in a relation having a possible break up in your mind.

Anonymously yours, said...

S.H., thanks for wishing me luck. I'm not thinking of about a break up - it's just that things are moving too fast in this relationship and I'm trying to slow it down a little. But I understand what you are saying

Anonymous said...

Good luck . . . and wait until you 'meet the in-laws.'

That's always fun . . .

Anonymously yours, said...

Thanks, Metin.

I've already met Jeff's father who seems to be a nice person. But then again, I have yet to meet HIS mother!

Anonymous said...

What's the latest . . . we got a cliffhanger here . . .

:)

Anonymous said...

http://feistyturkishgirl.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.