Thursday, July 12, 2007

Let the Games Begin


So I've been emailing a couple of guys on this online dating service that I have been talking about. Unfortunately (or fortunately) you are supposed to give your real first name, and I came across a profile of a guy that I liked but his name was one of those names that could easily be Turkish or Arabic. Because of that, I "closed" that match immediately because I'm not interested in meeting any Turkish men at this time. I already tried out that gig, remember?

Anyway, this guy emailed me saying that he felt that we may have some things in common and that he was interested in getting to know me. So I un-closed the match and we began our communication. It turns out that he has a pretty good sense of humor and is also easy on the eyes. What was interesting was that he was hesitant in telling me his ethnic origin. I asked point blank in one of my emails, but he blew it off. So I waited for a couple of emails to go by and he told me that he was not Turkish. What a relief! ( I couldn't stand the thought of being stood up again by a guy who got distracted and had to do his laundry when he was supposed to be out with me.) So what is he? He said he was a Pakistani mutt, and a good looking one at that.

We made plans to go out for drinks next week. He lives in NYC which is very convenient. Strangely, I am actually really looking forward to meeting him in person. The down side here is that he is a physician. Let me explain. I have the utmost respect for doctors but rarely are they down-to-earth and fun to be around (minus the docs who are related to me, of course). But I guess I will soon find out how it's gonna go. In the mean time, I am still getting to know a couple of other people but I am in the early stages of this "guided communication" we are forced to go through on this site before being able to freely email each other. We shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From my experience from using the TP dating web site you must keep your options open. At the initial stages i made the mistake of thinking "right if you meet and oyu click, then you forget all the others and give this guy a chance".

But when i did that, the prat was carrying on with other women....his actions hurt seen as i really liked this guy and i nearly went all the way.

It's a bit like the lottery, try and try till you meet the the one.