Thursday, July 5, 2007

Rolling the Dice


Oh, what to do, what to do? I decided to bag the whole Turkish Personals business for awhile since I'm now officially with eHarmony ( you have all seen their commercials of their "success stories" where they show youall of those couples who are dizzy in love, I'm sure). They boast about how they match you up based on their 29 dimensions of compatibility, then they "send" you the matches that they think you are most compatible . I never knew that there were 29 dimensions...did you? You have very little control over your selection in that you are not afforded the opportunity to peruse through a million profiles. In a way, I think I prefer it because I am too damn tired to do it myself. So in away, they do the work for you. Plus, I get to decide on match-by-match basis who can view my picture. And I like that instead of putting myself out there. I am, after all, "Anonymously yours".

It's all very new to me and different than Turkish Personals. And I resigned myself to the fact that I am not likely to meet Mr. Turkish-American. It just ain't gonna happen. So far I have come across some quality profiles, if you will. I'm in the beginning stages of meeting/communicating with these folks. Now it really just boils down to chemistry.

Needless to say, they have been sending me profiles of men who are either around my age or up to 10 years older. Yup, some of my matches are in there 50's. When I was in my 20's I used to date men who were 10 to 15 years older than me. It was okay back then. But me with someone in their 50's? I never really considered that before but now I am warning up to idea of being paired up with someone who knows who he is and wants out of life.

I'm just rolling the dice here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long Time Reader First Time Commenter... has it come to a point where people are prostituting themselves on personals just to find a "partner".. friends are much more rewarding than a ball and chain (thats what happens regardless).. anyway good luck trawling through fake people.. may you find some one who can keep the fake persona going for a while.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi
Id like to add to your experience. I joined TP last year and have since dated a few Turkish men- Kibrisli and Turkiyeli.
Till this day i have yet to find a decent normal man. One guy i met last year was so full fo him self and arrogant that on the date it self he ruined the evening because all we discussed were his achievements in life. When it came to discuss mine, he was not so bothered. But as the evening grew to an end, he was more than interested in me- or so i thought. He was expressing such interest as wanted to get physical. I was mortified but not suprised. You musn't give up hope but as a friend once said you need to kiss many frogs before finding your prince.