Friday, May 18, 2007

Dating

How hard can it possibly be to find someone that you are compatible with? Answer: hard, really hard. I've been doing the online dating thing and have yet to find an honest guy. One guy posted a picture of himself taken about 10 years ago. He lived out-of-state and flew out to meet me. He stayed for a 3 day weekend and wore the same clothes for all 3 days! How gross! He looked nothing like the picture that he posted of himself. He was, well, much older. Another guy said on his profile that he was never married, had no kids, and was 39. He turned out to be divorced with one child, in his 40's, AND is in the U.S. illegally. Should that make me a tad suspicious? And the most frightening profiles are the ones where the guy doesn't post a picture. Are they that unattractive, shy or perhaps married?

Despite my disappoinments, I continue to keep my profile up with the hopes that, at the very least, that I'll meet someone who is honest and has more than one outfit in his wardrobe! My thinking is that I've have just as much a chance as meeting jerks online as I do in real life. I'll keep you all posted regarding my next date.

I have friend who suggested that I take my profile down and just give up on the this bullshit. But the whole concept of online dating is fascinating to me in a twisted sort of way. It sounds so easy: Place my order online of what I'm looking for, and find him on my computer from the comfort of my own home. But it hasn't been that easy.

The good news is that there is always a story to tell after the date even it's not the story I was hoping to tell. Wish me luck, I clearly need it.

3 comments:

Infidel said...

Well hello there anonymous Turkish Girl. Looking for honesty in online personal ads is like looking for WMD's in Iraq, my dear; pretty useless. The veil of anonymity allows everyone to live out their more fantastic selves, who maybe younger or not married or without children. In that respect, most people hope that their lies will not matter once you meet them, but, of course, they are wrong, since their actual selves are really quite boring and unadventurous, which may explain the clinging on to the same clothes.

Either way, I'd like to welcome you to the blogosphere and wish you the best. Good luck!

Anonymously yours, said...

Hi Infidel,

You are so right and I am starting to tire of the B.S that's been coming my way. I'll do this for a little while longer just to torture myself.

Thanks for welcoming me to the blogoshere and adding me to your list of bloggers!!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I know how you feel!
I posted my pics in TP last year and have since met a fair few but im so dissappointed as none of them are quiet what they seem. I did however meet some one last year. I nick named him BIGT. He was the first ever guy i met from TP and he was delicious. Sadly, it did not work out but my god do i wish and hope that one day we will be reunited? oh yes!
Im not sure how long i can go one but it gets ot a point where you loose hope but it never dies out as your always hoping that one day you meet THE ONE.

Good luck!