Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh Crap, Not Again!

Here we go again...Some guy responded to my Turkish Personals profile, so I naturally read his profile before responding . Here's what he said: He's 39 (there's that number again!), 2nd generation Turk in the U.S. and, AND, said he was sincere. The rest of his profile seemed like a pretty good match with mine. Or so I had thought. Just to be clear here - and this is important - I expressly stated on my profile that I am of Turkish origin looking to meet a Turkish-American like myself. Anyway, he seemed like a pretty cool guy despite the fact that he supports George Bush, which is usually a deal breaker for me. So I gave him my number and when he called, here's what I learned about him...

The Truth? 1) He is 44 years old, not 39 as he indicated 2) He is Armenian, not the 2nd generation Turk that he said he is and 3) has been living with his parents his entire life. Wow! What a catch! I'd be fool to let this one go!! Now don't get me wrong, he was polite as can be and seemingly nice, but he was also a big, fat liar. So much for "sincere".

Now I can get over the age thing, but who the heck lies about their ethnicity for God's sake? Is this odd or is it just me? In case you were wondering, I did not set up a meeting with him, and I am officially done with online dating. Back to dating in the "real" world.

No comments: