Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another Try


Okay. So I had a nice conversation tonight with another guy I met from Turkish Personals. He lives nearby, so I'm likely to have a drink or two with him sometime this week. Actually I am drinking a Dos Equis as I write this so forgive me for any typos. I am slightly buzzed and I feel really relaxed right now.

For the sake of anonymity I won't mention his name (Bulent). We had the usual chit chat that you would have during that first phone conversation like where are you from, where do work, have you ever been convicted of a crime/felony, etc... He seemed to be a very nice person.

I strangely felt uncomfortable when he brought up the Armenian issue, even though we are on the same team regarding this issue. He was very passionate about it and I really wasn't. The topic just drains the crap out of me because I hear enough about the issue from Armenians and they often lead to my feeling exasperated. This part of the conversation went on longer than I hoped. So I changed the subject to music which he really got into. Whew! As it turns out, he is a drummer. The downside was that he doesn't have an appreciation for Springteen, whom I love. I still believe that I can convert him to being a die hard fan.

We talked about our (bad) experiences on Turkish personals and how people lie on their profiles. This guy seemed to be genuine and sincere. The best part is that he lives a mile away from so we can get together and see if there is any chemistry.

Anyway, if things don't work out, I have Hans waiting in the wings. Either way, I win. Thanks, Hans

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with (Bulent)

Make sure you research his credit report as well. Any score less than 700 is not so perfect, unless of course he was bankrupt of love.

:)

New York Muhtari said...

crossed fingers here...

super hero said...

the weird thing about internet is, eventhough you think you deleted something it may turn out that you havent, or even though you delete it it may have already been logged by someone else -not intentionally.

so, most probably like many other people i can read your last post titled Bulent from my rss reader which is nothing more than an add on to ie7. i am telling you this because it seems like you have decided to delete the post for some reason but it is still available. all i want to say is you should be very careful about what you send to the internet because rewinding it back might not be possible.

and i hope you can get along with the guy.

Anonymously yours, said...

Super hero, I did try to delete it so that I could make some revisions. But like you said, I can't delete it.

I'm okay with the entry being posted though. Thankfully!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

on a first date (unless it's with political science major drop-out,) why discuss the 'armenian' issue?

instead, you guys should've been talking about the ending to the sopranos and what to do now on sunday nights, especially if you two get 'involved'

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you why it took us so long to meet up with Hans? It's because he's too busy beating off the girls that are after him with a stick. That's how many there are of them around him. If you don't want us to find him a local suitable lady you better be quick he won't be on the Turkish market for too long!

Anonymously yours, said...

I kinda figured that since Hans only allowed you to photograph his hand!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey as the saying goes, you need to a kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince!

I too feel very tired as i have met quiet a few and none seem to be the one. All apart from one man who i met last year in the summer- BIGT that was his nick name. When you do find the one don't let him slip as you will spend alot of time regretting t- as i did.
do i hate my self? oh yes i do! do i hope to have another go? yes i do!
ENJOY!