Monday, June 25, 2007

May I Vent?

Oh, what the hell! It is my blog, after all. Bulent has turned out to be a weirdo.
Let us go over the time line and events, shall we?

Okay, I give the guy my number and his FIRST phone call to me was at 3 p.m on a Tuesday. Now why would make your first phone call to me at a time when you know I'm going to be at work? I thought that to be odd. Nevertheless, when I came home and retrieved his message, I returned the call and we had our first conversation. It went okay. It was left with "I'll call you this weekend and we can make some plans". As a side note, he was aware that I was going to a concert on Saturday night.

Wednesday - the very next day - he calls me and says " I'm in your area and was wondering if you want to get together for drinks". He made this call at 8 p.m. and I said ahead of time that I get up to go to work at 5:30 a.m, so it won't be a late night. I meet him for the first time and have a very Mediocre evening. The evening ends with him saying that we should get together again. No concrete plans are made. Whatever.

I don't hear from again so on Saturday,before leaving to go to the concert, I call him because I realized that I looked to eager for the evening to end on Wednesday as I kept pushing for the check to arrive. I thought by calling him, he would at least know that I was not DISinterested in him. He answers the phone and says " Oh, I was going to call you". (Yeah, right.) We have a brief conversation and he asks me if I want to get together the next day. He says, "great, I'll call you tomorrow and we will make plans". He says "have a great time at the concert and we will talk tomorrow", and the conversation ends.

So Sunday rolls around and truth be told, I was nursing a hangover all day. The thought of taking a shower, getting dressed and going out with him was less than appealing to me given my condition. But I am one to keep my word and was still up for seeing him. Does he call? Yes, AT 8:30 p.m! That's right, the whole day passes by when he decides to ring me up. Ya think he could have called a wee bit earlier? He leaves me a vm message saying "Sorry, I know it's late but I went into Manhattan today and had to do some laundry" Laundry?? WTF? And again says, "I'm in your area if you are up for grabbing a beer" Needless to say, I did not return his call. I'm thinking it's pretty much over with this guy. He doesn't keep his word and refuses to make plans in advance.

So tonight he called me and left another message (thank God for caller ID) saying yet again "I'm in your area and if you want have drinks, call me". Is he serious or what!? It's as though he expects me to just be home and be ready to go out with him whenever HE is up to it. Well, that ship has sailed, as they say. I refuse to ever see his sorry Turkish ass again.

Thanks for listening.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

this guy sounds like a loser . . . why am i so interested in hearing about (your) escapades??

maybe next time he calls to say he's in your area, you should respond by saying he doesn't belong in your 'arena.'

at least he washes his clothes.

Anonymously yours, said...

"why am i so interested in hearing about (your) escapades??"

Answer: It probably makes you appreciate your life that much more!

Anonymous said...

as a perfect stranger to your life, and to your blog, i just wanted to say that he doesn't sound SOOO bad...you'd be judging him way too prematurely without knowing what's going on in his life. or, alternatively, you could see his making plans at the last minute as suggesting that he's really spontaneous. i say give it another go. i mean, i'd think the guy going over board with planning would be equally questionable.

Anonymously yours, said...

Well, he may not be so bad, as you say. But what I find interesting is that he complained to me that the night before I called him, he said that he had arranged to have a get together with his neighbors which was scheduled for 9 p.m. Some people were a no-show while others arrived an hour and half late which he described as being "rude". He is in no position to make that judgement since he himself is no different. He complained and complained that people do nothing but disappoint him. Funny coming from a guy who does the same to others.

I'm at a point in my life where I have no interest in analyzing others. People show themselves for who they are early on.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a stalker, always in your area and trying to get you drunk. Sweety, he preferred doing laundry over going out with you. Says alot about this sorry loser.
So, who's the next bachelor you are going to devour?

Anonymously yours, said...

Idil,

I actually played his message 3 times just make sure that I was hearing him right about doing his laundry.

Off to the next guy...

New York Muhtari said...

the more I read your blog, the more questions are popping in my head;

"where are all the good guys? Who took them?? Can somebody pls ask them to return"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymously yours, said...

Hans,Is wanting someone who is a little polite and thoughtful asking for to much?

Unknown said...

muhtar: all the good guys are either married, or gay. or hiding under the covers.

or . . . they are bloggers, one of which is Mr. TalkTurkey.

:)

it's good to be bad . . .

Infidel said...

AY, my dear, this one's easy.

He is hiding from someone else, quite possibly his current wife/fiance/girlfriend; hence, the odd times and unexpected phone calls. His plans with you are changing on a whim because his "other" plans are not controlled by him. Since he has to play the other side that you don't exist and you that the other side does not exist, he walks that very thin line in the middle thinking that he'll get away with it.

Although, he knew that you have to wake up early the next morning, he had to take his chances and try to make you want him, and possibly even love him while he still has uncertainty on his side. Only then would you have not known that he is just the loser his significant other thinks of him. And only then would you have not minded his two-faced lies and mockery; or so he hoped....

And his "doing laundry" excuse? That's the lamest excuse ever! Unless he is Fatma Girik and he was washing his clothes by hand on a washboard in the Hudson river and drying them in his fridge, it ain't happening.

Although I made up the story above and he still might be a decent guy, trust your instincts, my dear. Seldom they fail.

yours truly,

Dick Tracy.............

New York Muhtari said...

Infidel's comments made me laugh, it might be true though , only time will tell, right?

Ah Metin, don't I know it by now?? I wish there could be a service like "Mail-order bride" for woman as well, like "Mail order husband"

This whole dating thing is too much drama. It always reminds me the off-Broadway show I saw years ago, called "I love you, you're perfect, now change" ...NY dating scene was under surveilance.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.