Sunday, June 10, 2007

Manhattan

I have reached a point where I can no longer continue being anti-social. During the winter months, my excuse for not being around people had been the miserable weather. Now that the weather has been sunny and warm, I have no excuse to turn my back to the world. Actually, I'm starting to go stir crazy from being in my own company so damn much. I need to get out and start enjoying everything that's around me. Otherwise, I fear that I will start smoking again and perhaps have my mind travel to places that aren't so pretty.

I called a friend of mine who is the male version of myself. We think a lot alike and it's just very comfortable being in his company. We decided that we would go to BB Kings Bar and Grill in 2 weeks to see a great bar band called Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Just having made these plans to go and see this band had me feeling better. Plus, I love Manhattan.

I have made the decision to get back out there and start enjoying life. There is so much going on in NYC that I feel guilty for not taking advantage of some of the many things to do. I guess when the greatest city on earth is right there in your backyard, you keep thinking that you'll always have the opportunity to jump in and enjoy it whenever you feel like it.

I love NYC for many reasons. I won't even bother to try and sell you on it because you have to live in this area to really get the flavor of this fascinating city. I love the the shot of adrenalin I get as soon as my feet hit the ground in NYC. I feel more alive and a part of the world when I'm in Manhattan. Make no mistake about it, it has its downside. But I can't imagine a better place in the world to be, especially with my neurotic personality type.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Manhattan!
Worked for a short time, but will to back asap for a break!

Anonymously yours, said...

I'll meet you for a drink when you make your way over!

Unknown said...

Ok, Margaritha's...!!!