Monday, June 11, 2007

The Tangled Webs We Weave

I can't even believe that this is happening. From the beginning...I thought that I put my Turkish Personals.com profile in "hide" mode only to discover an email from someone responding to my profile which, as it turns out, is still (was) showing. I read the guys profile and thought it was written well enough for me to respond. We emailed each other through the website and it wasn't long before I gave him my yahoo email address with my real name. When I got his email, I nearly passed out because I recognized his unusual Turkish last name. Panicked, I quickly sent him an email with my telephone number and simply said "you need to call me as you as you get this email". And he did.

He was friendly and said that he enjoyed reading my profile and the emailing bit that we did. To be certain that I truly knew who he was, I asked a couple of questions and I got my dreaded answer. He was the brother of my ex-fiance/husband (I'll get to the husband part)! It actually went pretty well over the phone after he got over the initial shock. Then it was like talking to an old friend. He asked how my family was doing, I asked how his family was doing, and it was all nice and innocent - I thought.

After we made the discovery that we already knew each other, I thought that it would pretty much end there. Or maybe we'd have coffee someday down the pike. I was stunned when he asked me out on a date. I know the difference between setting up a casual meeting and setting up a real date. This was definitely a date that he was interested in setting up. I said that it would be too awkward to have a date given our history. He didn't seem to give a crap that his brother and I were not only briefly engaged, we even had a religious ceremony by an Imam to shut everyone in his family up since his brother had moved in with me. So I guess you could even say that I am still his brother's wife until he says "I divorce you" 3 times. At least, I think that's how it goes.

Anyway, I was not all that surprised that this pig wanted to hook up with me because what he didn't know was that I knew about his cheating on his now ex-wife. And so much for family loyalty! I figured that out of respect for his brother he'd say, "hey, nice talking to you and have a good life. Bye". But no, not an issue for him, the slime.

All of this reminded about 2 things: 1) how ridiculous my love life is AND 2) I had forgotten that I was already "married".

6 comments:

super hero said...

so do you mean he didnt recognize you from your name in the first place, or he didnt give a crap at all?

Anonymously yours, said...

He did not recognize my name nor did he give a crap. We had been emailing each other through the dating website and used only our first names. It was when he emailed me through his own email address and I saw his FULL name, that I fell off of my chair.

His brother and I were a couple back in 1995. plus my picture is one taken from a distance (and he never posted his).

Small, freakin' world!!

Unknown said...

some men do everything for...

Anonymous said...

Like father like son applies here. Like brother like brother. Great upbringing!

New York Muhtari said...

woow, your every post is full of surprises. I am supposed to study fo my managerial acc exam but I am reading one post after another... If I fail in the exam, can I give the address of your website to my proffessor?

Anonymously yours, said...

Sure. I'll take care of that professor of yours.

Good luck with your exam!!