Friday, June 29, 2007

Bulent's Email to Me

I hope all is well with you. I was planning to call you earlier this evening but I could only make it back home from work around 9:35 PM and I did not want to disturb you this late.

I do not know if it is going to change anything but I want to appologize for being impolite and late to call last weekend. I know that it might not be an excuse but I really am very busy at work these past few months due to a deadline on July 11th. I left you two voice messages earlier this week. Perhaps I should have expressed myself in a more polite manner. When I asked you to call me back that was not an order. It was a wish. You certainly have no obligation to do so. I did not express it but I felt close to you and made the mistake of addressing you as if we knew each other for a longer time.

Thank you for meeting with me last week. Your pictures are good but I think you look prettier in person. We do have many things in common. I was hoping we could give each other more chances to get to know each other a little better. As I said I am somewhat sceptial about meeting people online and corresponding via e-mails. So I thought in our case -since we live within a walking distance- we could minimize that part and take a more real and direct approach. I hope I am mistaken but unfortunately currently this too looks likely to be one of those "easy come easy go" encounters.

I could write much more to you with the intention of trying to convince you to write back and/or contact me somehow. However we are both experienced enough to know that it is hard to change things once the feeling is lost. I can talk a lot under certain settings and do give people the credit when I first meet them that they are good people. But I also know that most people are selfish and compromise honesty for personal gain. And that the probabilitiy of finding a compatible "infidel" such as myself for this sort of friendship is quite slim in a world of believers. As I mentioned I did gave up TP a few years ago. Now it's like deja vu all over again. Thanks to your flirt I became a member and now I have two more weeks of membership left.

I would like to invite you for a dinner this Friday evening or another day of your choice. I can not read my personal e-mail from work but you have my cell number. Assuming this is what you want -unless I hear from you - I will no longer disturb you again at you home phone.

I hope I will hear again from you. But there's also a good probability that you have other things going on for you. If that happens to be your preference I hope it turns out to be the right choice for you.

In any case may happiness be with you.

Bulent

This is the email that Bulent sent me to "explain" himself. Remember, in his vm message he said he was in Manhattan and then had laundry to do which is why he did not call me until very late in the day. What would you do if you were me? Quite frankly, I have no desire to make room in my life for any B.S.

8 comments:

super hero said...

well, if you dont feel like it then just dont bother to meet him again. but honestly, if you are aking a second opinion then it means you are not sure if you want to meet him or not. maybe you want it but just cant confess it to yourself (and now i sound like the cheap romance movies).

the thing is, everybody has a weird side, and everybody twists the facts sometimes which doesnt mean he/she is a liar. they just dont tell the truth or change the truth a little for sometimes no apparent reason at all. and each passing day our treshold to tolarate these weirnesses gets lower. each passing day we seek more and more the "perfect soul mate" but of course we know that there is not such a thing like "perfect".

so why dont you just enjoy as much as you can with this guy. if i dont remember it wrong, you both told each other that you are not into any commitment, so just dont restrain yourself and have some good time until you see that there is no way you can have some good time with the guy, or you find somebody else who can provide you a better time.

Anonymous said...

Posting a personal email is immoral.

Unknown said...

i don't think you should've posted the email. paraphrasing would have worked.

now i am beginning to wonder if the problem was you.

:)

Anonymous said...

I re-read your post on your first date with Bulent and you said you had a very time nice time with him and wanted to see where things went with him. I think you should listen to your gut instincts right now (and take everyone's advice with a grain of salt) about how interested you are in getting to know this guy more.

I know his email is not consistent with his seemingly lack of interest, but it sounds like he wrote it from his heart.

If it were me, I would go out with him again and see how it goes.

BTW, I'm not Turkish, but I like Turkish guys. I met a fantastic guy from TP and we had a long distance relationship for 1.5 yrs, unfortunately the distance became too much, so the relationship didn't work, but I think there are some sincere guys on that website.

Good luck!

Anonymously yours, said...

Thanks, Dianne. It's like you said: what he now writes is not consistent with the behavior that he displays or exhibits. And that's what concerns me.

Anonymously yours, said...

super hero,

I know that everybody (myself included) has a weird side. I just don't care to involve myself with someone that I have to constantly wonder about.

His email to me is a little too little too late.

Anonymously yours, said...

And Metin, (who has far too much time on his hands) you need not post your comments anonymously. I think we both know what I'm talking about here!

Infidel said...

There is only one true Infidel, so don´t even in the slightest think that you could be one, Bulent. You can try but you will always fail.

Good going, AY. If you start a relationship with an apology for lame excuses, you will have to endure one too many in the long run. And you wouldn´t even have a good way out because you knew what you were getting into. This is true like clockwork made in Switzerland. People don´t change these habits.

On another note, I just wanted to say ´hi´ but I couldn´t hold myself with just reading your posts. I hope you are well.

Cheers,